We all have that one favorite song that comes through our headphones and gets us AMPED to continue our workout. Particularly when a workout is strenuous, it’s common to have low motivation. Sometimes hearing a fast-paced tune is all we need to push through!
Whether it is a classic like Queen, or hardcore rap like DMX, it’s up to you to discover what music motivates you! Music may not always seem extremely important, but scientific research has proven its positive effects. A study done on subjects who were running on the treadmill determined that those who listened to faster music ran at quicker speeds and produced increased heart rates when compared to those running to slower/quieter music or no music at all (Edworthy). This may seem simple and obvious, but this research shows the importance of creating a workout playlist that can help increase your heart rate as well as your motivation.
Take some time out of your day to create a powerful playlist to benefit your exercise routine and take your workouts to the next level. Coaches at Noom have offered their musical expertise, and have compiled a list of top pump-up songs to check out! Here are twenty of our favorite jams to add to your playlist:
- “No Excuses” by NF – Coach Nick G.
- “Juice” by Lizzo – Coach Jessica M.
- “Black Dog” by Led Zeppelin – Coach Gina C.
- “‘Till I Collapse” by Eminem – Coach Kayleigh F.
- “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor – Coach Teresa H.
- “Roar” by Katy Perry – Coach Angela L.
- “What’s My Name” by DMX – Coach Dan C.
- “Collard Greens” by Schoolboy Q – Coach Anna F.
- “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger” by Daft Punk – Coach Celia C.
- “Don’t Stop Believin” by Journey – Coach Danielle Z.
- “Cake By the Ocean” by DNCE – Coach Mari K.
- “Get Me Bodied” by Beyonce – Coach Patrice F.
- “What a Feeling” by Irene Cara – Coach Gina C.
- “Can’t Hold Me Down” by GRiZ – Coach Glenn B.
- “Nonstop” by Drake – Coach Michaela Z.
- “Move Your Body” by Sia – Coach Erin R.
- “We’re Not Gonna Take It” by Twisted Sister – Coach Laurel L.
- “Scream & Shout” by will.i.am and Britney Spears – Coach Alexandria H.
- “American Dream” by Skizzy Mars – Coach Anna P.
- “Me Too” by Meghan Trainor – Coach Phuong L.
What’s your favorite pump up song?!