Kids. You do something once, and they expect it until the end of time. Take note, do not — we repeat DO NOT — make these parenting mistakes because you will have set the precedent for eternity.
- Cut off the crust on a sandwich or piece of toast.
- Let them push their own stroller (literal hell on wheels).
- Promise your 4-year-old a puppy when she’s 10 (guess what, 10 comes WAY faster than you think).
- Give them one of those pre-made yogurt smoothies — they have like 25 grams of sugar and taste way better than the healthy ones you make.
- Threaten to call the police if they don’t behave (they’ll be terrified of every cop forever).
- Let them play with your makeup.
- Dangle nightly dessert as the carrot to finish their dinner — no one needs to be eating ice cream every night. No one.
- Drink milk in bed — you’ll be cleaning up spilled milk in the bed constantly.
- Let them choose what they want for dinner. They eat what you eat.
- Make different meals for each kid (an even worse offense than #9).
- Let them watch a show during a meal (iPad or TV).
- Give in when you said no — you’ll forever be a pushover.
- Let them sleep in your bed — unless you’re cool with co-sleeping.
- Throw the huge, crazy expensive birthday party at age 2 (unless you plan on doing it every single year).
- Let them taste soda.
- Turn on the volume when they’re watching TV in bed with you in the morning (morning Peppa is silent Peppa).
- Eat in the living room or anywhere other than the table.
- Let them jump on the couch (that head bump will come eventually).
- Buy a little toy at the drugstore or grocery for no particular reason.
View More Awesome News Created with sketchtool.
Originally published at news.rocketsofawesome.com on November 17, 2016.
Originally published at medium.com