The days after losing an hour to daylight savings are tough, but enjoying the small victories in life will make a difference.
Here are some that I thought of today:
- The feeling of getting into your bed right after you wash your sheets.
- Rediscovering a song you used to love, but haven’t heard in awhile, and then listening to it over and over again.
- Getting tagged in a great meme by a friend who just understands your sense of humor perfectly.
- When the samples are on point at Costco.
- When you go to the store to buy something, and find out it’s on sale when you were already willing to buy it at full price.
- Putting on new socks, and remembering how much better life is with super soft socks.
- Actually knowing what you want to eat for your next meal, and the satisfaction you feel when you finally get to eat it. Even if it’s 2 am and you just want Taco Bell..
- Meeting someone, finding out they watch the same shows as you, and instantly being able to have a non-awkward conversation.
- When you’re driving in the rain, go under an overpass, and get a brief half second of silence from the rain on your windshield.
- Getting at text message that is so funny that you ACTUALLY laugh out loud, and get to legimately type “LOL.”
- When you go to someone’s house for the first time and their dog instantly loves you.
- When it’s someone’s birthday and you know exactly what to buy them as a gift.
- How water tastes colder when you are chewing minty gum.
- When you somehow wake up before your alarm and get to go back to sleep.
- A perfectly executed high five.
It’s weird how you never know what’ll make you smile, but the more you look the more it’ll happen.
Originally published at medium.com