What would happen if you could CONQUER your FEAR of Success?Are you afraid of your own potential?
Who could you become?? What COULD work? What would Success mean for you?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
WHY are we afraid to succeed?
It makes no sense right? Why on EARTH would I not want to do well? Here are a few reasons why:
- It’s not comfortable
- We have ZERO clue how to handle it
- Our success might undermine our social “hierarchy”
- We might challenge OTHERS perception of US
- If we WIN we may be forced to challenge our OWN beliefs about ourselves
- We fear rejection, shame, discomfort – we don’t want to mess with the status quo
- There may be a fear of relationship changes and consequences
- We fear the potential for failure
- Most of us are scared of change
- We are afraid of the amount of work success will take
We are caught between the loop of self-sabotage and longing for success…
A great example here is weight. I have struggled with my weight since I was 7 years old. And as much pain as it causes me, I KNOW that I self sabotage my own success in order to keep myself in my comfort zone. As painful as it is, it is all I know.
What a strange situation we find ourselves in! On one hand, we dream of accomplishment and glory and on the other, we overtly or passively mess up our own effort!
But I don’t do that!
Chances are, you actually do…here are some signs that you may be Self Sabotaging:
- You feel guilty about success and worry about those around you not experiencing it
- Do you neglect to share your accomplishments
- Perhaps you don’t feel deserving of success
- Maybe you procrastinate on projects that have the potential to bring you recognition
- If you compromise yourself, your ideas, or your goals, so you don’t offend others
- You believe success is temporary and that you won’t be able to sustain it
Don’t compromise yourself..you’re all you’ve got
Now that you KNOW, how do you change?
We change by making mind-shifts; by embracing your greatness and pursuing your accomplishments you will begin to step into your power!
Here are 10 tips on how to finally conquer that fear of success, embrace your greatness and step into your POWER:
- Reclaim your Authenticity –BE WHO YOU ARE. By not doing this, you are compromising your integrity and being FAKE!! You are being someone you are not! WHY!? BE WHO YOU ARE
- Accept Discomfort –Any change will involve some level of uncertainty. Just accept that it might be scary and DO IT AFRAID! If you can do this, you will minimize the effects of the discomfort…promise.
- Release the “shoulds”. –We SHOULD on ourselves all day! This is a trap! Accept and embrace what YOU know is best for you.
- Enjoy the challenge –See each challenge as an opportunity…opportunity to grow, to focus, to be in a state of flow…
- Reframe failure –far of success is a disguise for fear of failure. To attempt success, put yourself at risk of falling on your face. Look at failure as a stepping stone to success; then there is nothing to fear! Its all just part of the process. Failure is evidence that you have taken action and attempted a challenge.
- Don’t think, just act.Think like Yoda….No Try, Only Do. You could be sabotaging unconsciously or overthinking things! Overthinking leads to analysis paralysis….set a thinking deadline to help yourself focus and move into action.
- Find your tribe.I cannot stress this one enough. Align yourself with people who are not afraid of success and joyfully go after it, knowing that they are deserving of success and everything that comes with it. Allow that mindset to rub off on you. Minimize the time you spend with those who hold you back and are negative. Find your tribe.
- Celebrate every milestone.Don’t diminish your abilities and achievements. Celebrate them! Motivate yourself and celebrate EVERY step, no matter how small.
- Have a vision –Visualize the life you want and set goals toward that vision. This gives you something specific to work toward. You will see every success as a stepping stone. Minimize your discomfort because you know it is all part of a bigger plan.
- Enjoy the journey –Take the pressure off yourself and see each new day as an opportunity for WINS and EXPERIENCES. Focus on the present moment and don’t WORRY about future success…it is coming.
It’s time ladies. Time to CLAIM your success and Live your life on your own terms!
You don’t have to do this alone. Click the link below and let’s have a chat to see how I can help you move forward and step into your greatness.
To work with me click schedule to book your time.