Take the First Steps to Change
There are a mountain of quotes you can find online that talk about change, how good it is, how much better your life will be etc etc and I believe this is true however, it can also be extremely overwhelming as well and this should be understood.
“You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step”
If you can heed this quote, I urge you to. When you’re embarking on any type of change, be it drinking more water, eating more fruit, walking from work, exercising more, changing jobs, finding that dream partner, saving for your travels [insert relevant goals here], once you’ve got the planning done and the action plans and the strategies for challenges, you still need to actually do it and this is when overwhelm can come in and bite you. Don’t let it. So long as you can accept that change will take time but will happen with consistency and determination, you will succeed. Just take it one step at a time. Don’t compare yourself to anyone either. This is your journey.
In no time at all, you’ll see how easy it is to make changes for the better in your life.
1. GET AN EARLY START Gain 10-20 minutes and see the difference.
2. PICTURE THE DESIRED RESULT Set this as your intention for the day.
3. SET YOUR SCHEDULE List your To-Do’s. Batch similar tasks for ultimate efficiency.
4. PRIORITISE HEALTHY HABITS Plan out your meals, snacks and exercise.
5. SELECT YOUR TOP THREE Keep focussed on your priorities.
6. GET TO WORK Start small to gain momentum.
7. PLAN FOR TOMORROW Set your future self up for success.
8. PRACTICE GRATITUDE Reflect and find something to be grateful for.
9. UNPLUG Carve out time for you and those you love.
10. COMMIT TO QUALITY SLEEP! Recharge for at least seven hours.
SIGN UP to the FRANKLY MAIL
It’s packed full of Coaching tips, thought-provoking articles, giveaways, reminders for self-care and a free Ask Me Anything day!