Money! We all need it to live, but there are people who think it will solve all their problems and cure their misery! I can assure you it won’t! Sure it could relieve some financial stress off your shoulders, but that won’t make you happy! In fact Biggie said it best “Mo Money Mo Problems” and it’s very true. The more money you have, the more you buy, the more bills you have, etc…
I know, not having money to pay your bills is depressing, so you think to yourself “If I had it, I wouldn’t have half the problems I have, I would be happy” but you wouldn’t be happy, because ‘ Money doesn’t buy Happiness’! So here is a list of 10 reasons why money will NEVER make you truly happy!
1. Instant Gratification– This is what having money gives you, Instant happiness. But what happens when that feeling subsides and you are back to being unhappy? Happiness is an inside job, that’s why!
2. It Doesn’t Fix Relationships– In fact when you throw money into a relationship, it can either make it or break it. It is one of the #1 things couples argue about! So believe me when I say, just because you have money does NOT mean you are guaranteed to have a healthy relationship!
3. Root Of All Evil- It has long been said that it is the root of evil, but why? Well most of the world’s problems have ALWAYS been because of money! Wars have been started over it. Money = Power The more money you have the more power you have and with power comes greed, ego, corruption and more! You see where I am going with this?
4. Mental Illness- People who suffer with depression or anxiety disorders (like me) tend to think if they had more money they would be happier. But this is false. This is a disorder or chemical imbalance that needs to be treated the right way. Money can’t fix that!
5. Friendships- Money and friendships do not mix. Lending or borrowing money from friends can have some serious consequences. Lot’s of friendships have been destroyed because of money. Also if you have ALOT of money you can attract the ‘wrong’ kind of friends, if ya know what I’m saying!
6. Family- Same as friendships, Money and family don’t mix!
7. Studies- Here is one of many studies on the Psychology of Money and Happiness.
8. Things- If you have a lot of money, you can buy a lot of the things, but those ‘things’ will only make you happy for a little while. When the happiness is gone you start chasing it again with materialistic delusions of happiness. It won’t work. It’s called a delusion for a reason!
9. Never Enough– No matter how many things you have or money it will never be enough! It’s human nature. We want something, we get it, and then we want more, bigger, better! Its almost the definition of insanity. You keep going and going, chasing a feeling that nothing you “buy” will ever truly give you!
10. Peace- You can’t buy it, only attain it once you learn to come to peace with your decisions in life. We only get what we give!
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying money is completely awful, it buys us our food, our homes and much more. But it seems people put their entire lives on hold to chase money because they think it will make them happy! I have been guilty of this, but have come to realize after many failed attempts to buy my happiness, that what we really need is to be GRATEFUL! I believe this is the way to happiness! Once we learn to be grateful for the things we already have, our happiness will blossom. Do you agree or disagree, and why? Let me know in the comments section down below!
Originally published at www.myanxiouslife.net