The secret is that your success in life is not dictated by others. Your life is a physical manifestation of the beliefs you hold inside, and those who realise this don’t merely survive – they thrive.
My Next-Level Principles for Thriving:
- “Character is destiny” according to the old saying. Or more simply, your outer world is a reflection of your inner one. Focus on the external and nothing will change; but work on yourself, and the world shifts to better align with you.
- Seek to add value first. Many people enter a new business venture or seek romance with the unconscious goal of taking. But success is always going to be a collective effort. Before asking what you’d like to get from others, approach with a mindset of what you can bring to the table.
- Never act out of fear. Actions taken in a mindset of scarcity or panic don’t produce good results. It’s always better to hang back, reflect, plan, and do some soul-searching. Only then, when you’re truly fired up and inspired, move forward. You’d be surprised how quickly things can happen when people are motivated towards rather than away from something.
- Have faith. Sometimes, the solution to your problem is hiding in plain sight, but you can’t see it because you’re so focused on what you think should be the solution instead. Get clear on your intentions, plan well, but then have a little trust that sometimes, life works in mysterious ways to bring you what you need.
- Speak your truth. You have a unique voice, and a story to share. The world suffers when you choose to keep quiet, to hide who you really are, or pretend to be someone else. Know what you want, and ask out loud for it.
- Become very, very good friends with your dark side. Thriving doesn’t mean you suffer any less, or that losing something doesn’t hurt. All your weaknesses and fears are still there. But we can make quantum leaps when we stop running from our shadow and learn to use it to our advantage instead.
- The world is evolving; everywhere, people in all spheres are waking up to the real value of a purposeful life, of living authentically. Speak to people’s hearts, address their higher selves and seek to understand their true purpose. No matter how good your networking or advertising is, without talking to people’s souls, you’re just more noise in the crowd.
- We are all born creators. The only limit is our own sense of how far we are “allowed” to go! Refuse to be held back by the fears and assumptions of others. Don’t see your ideal job out there in the world? Create it.
- Mind your language. Words are extremely powerful. People who thrive have learnt that every word carries intention and energy. Be mindful of complaining, or using words to tear down others or yourself.
- Have fun with it! Life is not some big, serious task that you have to master. It’s not a competition, and there won’t be an exam at the end. You have just one single, beautiful chance at living – what are you going to do with it?
Many people spend years of their lives fighting external enemies, or living according to the rules and limitations set by others. But the good news is that a simple perspective change is all that is standing between you and a life that is vibrant, abundant, and meaningful.
By Kimmie Wong
Success Coach and Business Strategist for Online Entrepreneurs