I had originally titled this piece; 10 lesson I would have taught my younger self. However, these are life lessons to live by no matter what your age. Believe in you and enjoy the read.
1. Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and choose to focus on everything that could go right
2. Words of others don’t define you unless you allow them to.
3. Good things do not come to those who wait. Good things come to those who go out and get it.
4. You are perfectly imperfect, and that means that you are just fine!
5. Spend most of your time with the people who show you that they care, not simply say that they do.
6. Your word is the only thing that you have. Think before you speak.
7. Believe in yourself even when no one else does.
8. Remind yourself daily that you can do anything and everything.
9. To get thing done, it’s not just about hard work and having the right plan. It’s entirely about believing it can happen for you.
10. Be kind to yourself.
Here are an extra 2, just because.
11. Happiness comes from within, stop waiting for a personal cheerleader and be your own.
12. Know that there is nothing wrong with you and “you are enough”.
Never forget, there is no one else out there like you in this world, by that simple yet powerful virtue alone, you are one in a billion, never to be duplicated.
Stop trying to fit into someone else’s mold, yours is just perfect!
Karen Donaldson is an international communication, body language and confidence coach //speaker. She helps professionals increase their impact, authenticity and confidence on any platform. Karen shares that it’s a fine fusion of; self-worth, confidence and the ability to share and give.
Please like and share the article with everyone around you that you love, and respect. I look forward to your comments.
Thanks for taking the time out to read this.
Signing off…Karen D
Originally published at medium.com